Seminar: Partnership - Keystone of Governance
CR21 - Westfälische Wilhelms-University, Institute for Political Science (Münster)
WP17 Responsible for the Spread of Excellence
CR10 - Charles University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Center for Social and Economic Strategies (Prague)
Organizing a conference on the topic “Partnership – Keystone of New Governance” in Muenster (Germany) in combination with a field trip to selected civil society organizations which are involved in public private partnerships. The conference will take place 29–31 January 2007.
WP17 Description of Work
The outsourcing of local based community services to public private partnerships with involvement of civil society organizations is currently taking place in many European countries and policy sectors. In particular the policy sectors welfare production and culture, education, environment, sports, and recreation are restructured in the course of new governance approaches. Up until now the topic of civil society organizations involved in public private partnerships has not been well researched. This is particularly the case if we consider theses developments in an European comparative perspective. In other words, research takes by and large a rather static view on the “welfare mix” of selected policy fields.
The aim of the proposed conference is to analyze the involvement of civil society organizations in public private partnerships from a comparative perspective and to collect and document best practices from various European countries. The conference is an extension of the thematic area “Multi-level Governance and Organized Civil Society” for the first 18 month programme. The conference will be organized by the fellow members at Muenster University (Germany). It is open for all participants of the CINEFOGO Network. 12 to 15 paper givers are intended. The preliminary programme of the conference will be as following:
- Problems and Issues of Civil Society Organizations in Public Private Partnerships
- State of Knowledge with special reference to Civil Society Organizations
- Challenges for Civil Society Organizations in Public Private Partnerships: Management, Governance, Stakeholders
- Examples and Best Practices from various European countries
- Field Trip
- CR21 - Westfälische Wilhelms-University, Institute for Political Science (Münster)
- CR28 - Tilburg School of Politics and Public Administration (Tilburg)
- CR10 - Charles University, Center for Social and Economic Strategies (Prague)
For documents of this work package, please go to CINEFOGO Database and type WP17 in the Search field.